Warrior. Spear Maiden. That's what the name Trudi means.
I've been a crusader since birth.
So it's no wonder I'm passionate about inspiring Fearless Brand Champions to scratch, claw and fight against the status quo every day. The battlefield keeps shifting, yet many creative professionals feel stuck in a rut of sameness. The mindsets of marketers, designers and event planners must continually evolve and adapt because consumers are continually evolving and adapting.
I'm passionate about Fearless Companies being brutally honest with themselves, digging deep to find their true purpose and committing to that purpose with unflinching courage. The workplace is more complicated than ever, and the supervisor-overlooking-the-factory-floor method of leadership is dead. Now corporate culture often stands between success and failure.
As an instructor and trainer, I'm also passionate about the things you don't learn from a standard textbook --- the power of exceptional communication, the strength of healthy life skills, and the explosions of energy that occur when you learn not what, but how, to think. Watching students and colleagues conquer their obstacles is so gratifying. To see companies and groups unite around a common crusade and go forth fearlessly... well, there are hardly words to describe it.
And what is a crusader without her armor? While I adore the heroic use of swords and shields (yes, I actually own some), in the modern crusade they don't travel well. No matter. Shiny metal and dangerous spikes are still part of my gear, just in the form of fabulous accessories and fierce stilettos.
The spoils of war are sweet, but the tall tales and battle scars are priceless.
- Financial Education Outreach’s Alabama Money Expo, Financial Literacy Presenter, 2016
- Credit Union Rockstar, Credit Union Magazine, 2014
- Mississippi Association of School Business Officials, Conference Presenter, 2012-13
- CUNA Marketing and Business Development Conference Panelist, 2013
- Founder and Event Chair, Bras Across the River, 2011-14
- Multiple CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Diamond Awards, 2011-2012
- American Advertising Federation 7th District National Student Advertising Competition Chair, 2004, 2011
- Bolton-McVicar Award for Outstanding Achievement in Education, 2003, 2011
- Instructor and guest lecturer for William Carey University, Tulane University and Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College in graphic design, oral communication, and professional skills
- A box full of gold and silver American Advertising awards, probably in a closet somewhere
- The University of Richmond, Certificate in Nonprofit Marketing
- The University of Southern Mississippi, M.S. in Mass Communication
- The University of Southern Mississippi, B.S. in Advertising Communication